Community Action Sutton is a membership organisation that supports, develops and promotes the voluntary sector in the London borough of Sutton.
We currently have around 300 voluntary and community groups in our membership. These vary considerably in size and scope ranging from small volunteer led and run community groups to large organisations employing several staff and providing services to significant numbers of local people.
As well as providing free advice and guidance to our member organisations on issues from HR and governance to finance and fundraising, we provide a number of paid for services including training courses, a complete payroll service and admin services.
We also run regular training courses and networking events and forums for the voluntary sector in Sutton and send out regular e-bulletins packed with information and news.
Browse this website to find out more about our work, and if you have any questions, or want to find out more, do get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.
Read our Strategic Plan 2017-2020
Community Action Sutton is a Company Limited by Guarantee (Reg. no. 3336660) and a Registered Charity with a Board of trustees (Registered charity number. 1063129). We are funded from a variety of sources including the London Borough of Sutton and The Big Lottery.
Quality standards and Awards
NAVCA Quality Award
– Our NAVCA (National Association of Voluntary and Community Action) Quality Award was renewed in November 2013, confirming that Community Action Sutton is delivering quality services to the local voluntary and community sector. In 2013 we achieved a score of 3+ (effective/outstanding on all outcomes) on three of the standards, and 4 (outstanding on all outcomes) on one standard (liaison).
PQASSO Award Level 2
– In June 2015 Community Action Sutton achieved Level 2 accreditation with the PQASSO Quality Mark Scheme.
Positive about Disabled People Mark
– In July 2015 we were again awarded the Positive about Disabled People mark from JobCentre Plus. This means we have been recognised as a positive place to work for disabled people, and have made commitments to employ, retain and develop people with disabilities.
– In April 2016 SCVS became a mindful employer - an employer positive about mental health.
National Compact Award
– In 2013 Sutton’s voluntary sector (represented by SCVS) and Sutton Council won the Local Compact Partnership Award, one of the national awards from Compact Voice, highlighting Sutton as the best example of local Compact work in the country.
National Compact Award
– In 2014 Sutton’s voluntary sector (represented by SCVS) and Sutton Council won the Compact Impact Award,again highlighting Sutton as an excellent example of local Compact work.